This post has already been read 421 times!
Advanced couples meditation for tantric partners – practical exercises
Couples meditation for tantric partners is a great way to improve your relationship. It’s a great way to reach a whole new level of intimacy and understanding. Please read the article on intimacy first if you want to know more about intimacy. This article is about practical exercises/meditations you can do to deepen the intimacy with your partner.
Part of a series of three on couples meditation
This article is the second in a series of three:
- Couples meditation for beginners.
- Advanced couples meditation for tantric partners (this article)
- Couples meditation for experts.
We go on with 5 couples meditations for tantric partners
We call them meditations for tantric partners because you need some tantric skills and/or knowledge up front. It’s mandatory that you are interested in improving intimacy with your partner. We expect you are familiar with the tantra basics. It’s also handy if you have some experience in energetic bodywork (that you know what energy is…). If not try the Kundalini meditations first.
Benefits of couples meditation for tantric partners
You know how important it is to make time to be together. Couple meditation is a simple and powerful way to be and relax together. It’s an invitation to stop doing the regular things and start to pay attention to each other.
You can be together in very different ways. You can talk for hours and enjoy it very much. But advance couple meditation is mostly in silence. It’s more bodily, lovingly. Advanced couples meditation is relaxed but also highly energetic. It’s a way to boost up your energy by letting your body talk and at the same time relax completely in high energy voltage.
You will deepen intimacy because you will discover the world of energy and you will learn to play with it. You will learn what it means if we say: “where your awareness goes, energy flows”. The body, the energy body is a marvelous and endless world to explore. High energy levels are only one part of advanced couples meditation. Transforming sexual energy is another important area of discovery. If you go for it then opening your heart and melting hearts to one is bound to happen.
Bliss – natural high!
Meditation does influence your wellbeing. Couples meditation can give you a natural high because it can create a neurochemical change in the brain, allowing couples the experience of ecstasy and bliss together.
5 Couples meditation for tantric partners
Below we present you 5 couples meditation for tantric partners. You can do them one at a time or do one or two of them in a sequence (e.g. 1 & 2 and then 3 or 4 or 5). You can have a half hour of fun or the whole night. That’s up to you.
Read the article on Tantra basics if you want as preparation. Key is that you make a nice space to be in together. We call this making a tantric temple. Make sure that you cannot be disturbed – phones off. Start the session with a Namasté. It means: “I see the divine in you”. With this gesture, you honor your partner and set the tone.
Couples meditation 1: Look Lovingly
This is a beautiful (guided) meditation, a heart meditation, which is great to do with your tantric partner (to be). Sit – comfortably – facing each other, at a little distance. Quite near, but without touching each other. Do yourself a favor and be silent during the whole meditation.
Look Lovingly starts with an individual heart meditation. After some time you open your eyes and look lovingly at your partner. When both of you have your eyes open, you synchronize your breathing. Keep looking lovingly. Stay tuned… And then? Surprise….
Make sure that at the end of the meditation you can lie down together.
This guided meditation is part of the e-Course Deepening your relationship. Solana will do the honors.
Couples meditation 2: Inquiry on sex/desires
Inquiry means “research”. And in this context, we mean self-examination. This exercise is a challenge for you to get clarity. Clarity on a particular topic, about what resides in you, but where you aren’t (completely) aware of. There is a lot we suppress. We have many feelings or sensibilities, that we don’t allow to the surface. Self-examination leads to growing awareness. In this inquiry, we suggest that you ask yourself/your partner a specific research question:
“What does sex means to you and what are your sexual desires”
An inquiry comes in 4 phases.
- Phase 1: You sit quietly with your eyes closed (about 3 min). Let the question wander around.
- Phase 2: Ask the research question aloud (especially if you are with two), or in mind. Now you (your partner) give answers. And give clear answers, in short sentences (and/or record it or write it down). When it falls silent, no problem, let it happen. After some time you ask yourself / your partner the question again. Let come what comes. Take your time – at least about 4-5 minutes – for phase 2.
- Phase 3: Ask yourself (your partner) repeatedly the research question. After a while, the answers more often come not only from your mind but perhaps also from other places. Can you let your body/senses speak? What does that (intuitive) voice in your heart say? For this phase, you also take at least 3-4 minutes.
- Phase 4: Take a moment to reflect in silence about everything that came along. When you are with a partner, then change after 10-12 minutes. At the end, thank yourself/ other lovingly. Celebrate your success! In any case, don’t react to what the other says’ during the inquiry. Keep yourself from judgment (positive or negative). This is about awareness of what is happening around the research question, NOT about an opinion or judgment on that. Wherever the research is about, nothing needs to be immediately solved, done or changed. It’s about understanding. Time will tell what happens with that insight.
Read more: Inquiry explained
Couples meditation 3: Tantric Touch
There are several ways that you can touch someone. It can be functional as doctors do. It can be lustful like someone does who is highly sexual and full of lust/desire to “get” something (out of you!). A tantric touch, on the contrary, is a loving touch. Simple, a touch with and out of love. A touch from the heart, a giving touch, love itself. That way you don’t make the other to an object of science or lust, but you make a real connection. Preferably a heart to heart connection, but at least your side of that connection is from the heart. And when you’re touched by the tantric touch, you feel loved! A great feeling…
2×45 minutes Tantric Touch
So take time to practice the tantric Touch. Take at least an hour (2×30 min) but preferably more. Start caressing your partner with the loving tantric touch. You can do whatever you like. Follow the of “rules” the tantric touch and the following guidelines:
- Always stay present. Be present and keep your attention on your partner. If you notice that you wander off, bring yourself back to the here and now. All that counts now is your partner.
- Alignment. Every caress, every massage is different. Always do what fits with the moment. Sometimes your touch is very soft and gentle. Sometimes more energy and passion is needed. The tantric touch can also be highly sexual but only if your partner need/wants it. It’s not your party, but his/hers. Always align…
- The Tantric Touch is an energetic touch, with love. It’s no relaxation massage, no sports massage but an energetic, super lovingly touch. So let your life energy participate: let love flow out of your hands. Let your sexual energy participate. Sexual energy, however, is different from sexual enactment. So no sex, but lots of passion. Put all your energy in the touch. Rising in Love…
- Accept whatever is. Of course, touching is more fun if you’re both happy. Still, it is not needed to fulfill all kinds of conditions to engage in the tantric touch. It’s always okay. Respect and acceptance (of oneself) are very important. Namasté in practice. You are perfect, just the way you are. Accept yourself, accept your partner.
- Let go of control. If you’re being touched, massaged, you can give clues but let go of the control. Relax and let all your muscles relax. And also when you touch… let go! Don’t follow fixed patterns. If you have the feeling it’s hard work, stop! Do it differently, do whatever you feel like. Trust your heart and intuition. What then happens is mostly exactly what is needed and appropriate.
Couples meditation 4: Swing of Fire
Where you focus goes your energy flows. Once you feel your sexual energy, you can play with it. Once you know how you can move your energy, you can even play more with it. In the innerflute you can learn to play with your sexual energy (flowing up and down from sex to heart). This is, however, a meditation you do on your own.
What would happen if you play the energy game with two? Well, that you can find out in the Swing of Fire.
Like with a swing, you can swing forward and backward again. Where your awareness goes, energy flows. So focus on the swing. Breath through your mouth the whole time, breath low, breath in and out through your sex. If you synchronize your breathing together (contrary), you can send and receive your sexual energy to and from the sex of your partner. The Swing of Fire is all about energetically penetrating and embracing sexual energy. You can however also combine the meditation with physical penetration and encompassing. Interested?
Couples meditation for tantric partners 5: Journey to Heaven
The Journey to Heaven is a journey along the chakras, from bottom to top. It is advised to energize a little before you do this meditation (shake, do some pelvic movement, play with your (partners) PC-muscle).
It is a meditation you do sitting in Shiva/Shakti position. Make your breathing nice and quiet and start to breathe synchronously, through your sex (1st chakra). The journey to Heaven is a guided meditation on music. Beautiful music will guide on a journey upwards and once it starts you travel in about half an hour upwards from chakra to chakra.
During the trip, you physically breathe through your mouth, but virtually through the chakra where you are. Breathe loose and relaxed. You may, if you can, put one or both hands on the back of your partner, just on the chakra where you are. Let your body relax as much as possible. If you like it, let your bodies move a little bit.
After this journey of half an hour, you are hopefully together in a wonderful blissful vibration. Remain seated if that feels good. But often that is too onerous, then lie down. Then do nothing at least for 15 minutes; nothing else but enjoying this endless moment together. Everything that arises then is up to you. Lots of joy, pleasure, and happiness together.
Always thank each other
Whether you did one or all meditations, don’t forget to thank each other, before separate and go your own way. Your partner is the most beautiful person in the whole world. In fact, if you can see the divine in your partner you will be overwhelmed with gratitude. There are tantric was to thank each other but for now, use your own way.
See the godliness in each other
Couples meditation for tantric partners – Try one of our e-Courses
Hopefully the above made you a little curious. You want to know how you can bring Tantra into your life. Look, therefore, look at the overview of our online products. There must be something that suits you. Start today!
For instance, try the e-Course Deepening your Relationship(s)
Couples meditation for tantric partners is powered by Solana and Satori